Personal, Health, Social and Economic Education at Westerhope
, aims to give children the knowledge, skills and understanding to lead confident, healthy and independent lives.
PSHE education helps children to
- make informed decisions about their wellbeing, health and relationships to allow them to thrive as individuals.
- stay healthy, safe, prepare them for life, and work in modern Britain.
- achieve their academic potential, and leave school equipped with skills they will need throughout later life.
The intent of our PSHE curriculum is to deliver a curriculum, which is accessible to all. As a result of this they will become healthy, independent and responsible members of a society who understand how they are developing personally and socially, and give them confidence to tackle many of the moral, social and cultural issues that are part of growing up. As everyone faces difficult situations in their lives, we want pupils to put their knowledge into practice to make sensible decisions when faced with risks and challenges.
We have planned the curriculum based on the:
- National Curriculum requirements for Relationships, Sex and Health Education (RSHE)
- The essential knowledge we believe to be important at Westerhope