Physical Education at Westerhope
‘A high-quality physical education curriculum inspires all pupils to succeed and excel in competitive sport and other physically-demanding activities.’
At Westerhope, we aim to provide opportunities for pupils to become physically confident in a way which supports their health, fitness and lifestyle. We believe opportunities to compete in sport and other activities build character and help to embed values such as fairness, respect and resilience, which are not only a huge part of our school ethos but are needed in everyday life.
To enable the children to achieve these opportunities and values we will:
- Teach a wide range of sports and activities
- Provide high quality and engaging lesson
- Provide competition within a PE lesson (competing against themselves by setting personal goals or against others)
- Attend competitions throughout the year with other schools
We have planned the PE curriculum based on the:
- National Curriculum requirements
- The essential knowledge we believe to be important
- PE skills and key attributes, which are progressive and transferable, and will be built upon each year.